- 7 signal hybridization algorithms : Crossfade, Cross-folding, Digital model of an analog diode ring-modulator. Digital ring-modulation. Bitwise XOR modulation. Octaver/comparator. 20 band-vocoder.
- CV control of modulation algorithm selection, with crossfading between adjacent algorithms.
- CV control of each input’s amplitude, with emulated analog saturation.
- V/O CV control of the internal oscillator (when enabled).
- For each algorithm, CV control of timbre richness/brightness/distortion.
- Built in carrier oscillator
Evolved from the oscillator mixing section of Mutable Instruments’ desktop hybrid synths, Warps is designed to blend and combine two audio signals.
A variety of wave-shaping and cross-modulation methods – some of them emulating classic analog circuits, some of them purely digital – are provided by the module.
With Warps, the cross-modulated sound can be sculpted with control voltages along 4 dimensions: by controlling the amplitude and distorting the input signals, by smoothly scanning through the collection of modulation algorithms, and by adjusting a timbre parameter controlling the brightness/harshness of the modulated signal.
Since many classic cross-modulation effects work best when the carrier is a simple waveform – for example, a sine wave for ring-modulation or a buzzing waveform for vocoding – Warps includes a digital oscillator offering a handful of classic waveforms. This internal oscillator, which tracks V/Oct and supports through-zero FM, will replace the carrier audio input – freeing up one oscillator in your system for other duties!
- Width: 10hp
- Depth: 25mm
- Power: +12V:110mA -12V:5mA
Tax Excluded for International orders. This price does NOT include Tax